“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. (Jeremiah 29:11; NIV)
This particular Bible verse tells me that before we live our lives in this world, God has already planned and declared the prosperity in our future. I live in a world where too many frustrations and negativities that could pull me back away from the success and prosperity I am trying to achieve. Personally, it is very easy to say “I will always put my trust in God”. But in reality, especially whenever I make decisions in life, I sometimes overrule the plans or the things that God has in store for me. But one thing I realized is that He will never allow His people to be wrongly directed towards things that this world is offering. Yet, it is also very important to learn how to wait and be patient on how God will make His way to the lives of His people. Here are some nuggets of wisdom that made me see how advantageous it is if we would just trust God’s plans for us, and allow Him to take control of our lives:
- The Lord says: “My thoughts and my ways are not like yours. Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours. (Isaiah 55:8-9; CEV)
- God is giving us the assurance that whatever He has planned will never bring regrets or even make us bemoan.
- The most humbling statement is “I am nothing without God”; and the most powerful statement is “with God, nothing shall be impossible”.
- Always remember that God’s desire to bless you is far greater than your desire to be blessed.
- Sometimes, God will not allow things that you prayed for to happen, because He knew beforehand that maybe this specific favor you are asking will harm you in the future.
- Never miss to seek or inquire God in every decision you make, and in every journey, you are taking in life.
- Share your plans with the Lord, and you will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3; CEV)
- God’s plans for us will surely bring genuine happiness and contentment.
- Put your trust in God and always bear in mind that His plans are perfect as well as His timing.
- When we make God as our partner in every corner of our lives, it is like having the idea of “we, His creations, are in partnership with the Creator”.
I always consider that I am now in the process stage, where God is preparing me to be congenial or fit to greater plans and brighter future that He is setting up for me. Having all gratefulness in my mind, I really have seen how God moved my life and turned it into a very well-planned living the moment I stood on my decision of submitting to Him and letting Him do His thing of turning my life into a better one.